- Discover bugs
- Analyzing code during runtime
- Diagnose performance issues
Browser Dev console
- Performance analysis
- Network logging
- Runtime DOM manipulation
- Application resources
debugger statement instructs the engine to pause the execution of the code.
It works only if the development console is active.
Node debugging flags
Node.js exposes a debugger, which can be operated
either through the command line or remotely through
IDEs or the browser's dev console.
node --inspect --debug-brk FILE_NAME
- When using a transpiler such as
the running code is different from the code you've written
- Source Maps are files (or inlined comment blocks)
that map transpiled to original code.
- This allows easier tracing and debugging
- Youtube video about Source Maps